Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make qvd load dependent on database load

Hi Guys... I have a qvd load which should be triggered only after database load completes. Currently I have set it up based on time but still there are some instances where database load is delayed and we have to run qvd load again to refresh the data. is there any way this dependency can be set in qview script?

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

What about checking the creation-time of the qvd with FILETIME(YourFile)-function?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

This can definetely help. But is there anyway to look for checking the data. For eg: if DB load is not complete, check in the interval of 5 min.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

When you talk about a "database load", are you talking about some batch job running in your business system, outside of QlikView? If so, the way we handle this in our shop is to have the business system send a message (EDX?) to QlikView to initiate the QVD reload once the database load is complete. I'm not entirely clear on the details, though. I know that in Publisher, the trigger is "Start the task On an external event".

Not applicable
Author

Hi.. Here is the full requirement:

1. If it's a weekday

a. DB load is not complete: The QVD should wait until DB load is complete

b. DB needs to be reloaded on the same day: The qvd load should wait until DB load is complete

c. QVD needs to be reloaded and not DB: the qvd load should start upon manual trigger

2. If it's a weekend, skip the control script and start the qvd load

prieper
Master II
Master II

Biggest problem would we to find out, when the database has finished reload - had overlooked this in my first reply. Wonder whether it is possible in the maindatabase to add one field "Last Refreshed" or the like, which might be questioned before loading the main-table into Qlik.

Peter

arsa6978
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

this is very old post, but did anyone has an aproach for the Question?

I have the same issue now.

How did you solve it? Thanks!