Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to move Text Boxes Dynamically in Qlikview

Hi all, 

I have a QV application that have several text boxes with triggers to activate (or go to) another sheet when selected. The tabs are going to replace the function of the application Sheet Tabs, i.e., tabrows will be hidden from document properties.

Based on users access, the Sheets  as well these Text Box based tabs will be active or hidden; and aligned left. Look at the three images for three different users accessing the document. Img 1: General Tabs layoutImg 1: General Tabs layoutImg 2 User A Tabs layoutImg 2 User A Tabs layoutImg 3: User B Tabs layoutImg 3: User B Tabs layout

based on the images above, User A will see Tabs 1,3 and 4. Tab 2 as well Sheet 2 will be hidden from User A. Tab 3 and Tab 4 will be aligned left. The same with User B.  

Thank you in advance

Alex

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi and thank you again @Vegar,

I am still experiencing the same output where once the document is published the Tab Text boxes show the right header and triggers work as intended. However, the Tab Text boxes are not dynamically aligned to the left; like

If User01 (set to view all tabs)  -- no issue

Tab1  Tab2  Tab3  Tab4  -- all tabs are arranged and headers are in order

User002 (if set to see only Tab1 and Tab 4) will view the two tabs but leaves space (of Tab2 and Tab3 in between)

Tab1                          Tab4   -- the two tabs with their header appearing far apart

It is puzzling that with everything the same but add a filter with a hard code UserLogin = 'Domain\User002' in the script and run it in Publisher, everything is aligned for the user.

Any idea on this?

Thanks! 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I don't think you have copied my example correctly. In my example app it looks like in the picure below. (In this attachment I've even put show conditions to the actual document tabs as well. )

The view of three diffrent users with different Section AccessThe view of three diffrent users with different Section Access

Section Access;
LOAD ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
    ADMIN, 	ADMIN, 	123, 	
    USER, 	USER01, 123
    USER, 	USER002,123
	];

LOAD * Inline [
	SHEETACCESS, 	USERID
	SH01, 			USER01
	SH02, 			USER01