Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open one QVW from another QVW

Hi, is there any way where i can open one qvw from another qvw

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

This is one of the available actions of a button.

Create a button, to go actions, click on Add, go to External, select "Open QlikView Document".

May you live in interesting times!
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Vickram,

truly doing a search on the Community for "document chaining", you'll find loads of posts on this topic.

HTH

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank you for your quick response.. request you to please help me with the solution for below scenario.

I need to open one QVW (Ex:First.QVW) from another QVW (Second.QVW) for a Specific Sheet (Ex:Sheet1) in First.QVW

I tried creating a button in Second.QVW and called First.QVW using actions 'Open QlikView Document'. It works well, but I need to go to Sheet1 (not Main) of the First.QVW by using the action from Second.QVW.

If we directly open First.QVW it should Open 'Main' sheet and If we open from other QVW (Second.QVW) it should open Sheet1.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andrew, I did searched on the community for Document Chaining and got good info. But, I am not able to get the solution for below scenario. Can you please help on the same..

I need to open one QVW (Ex:First.QVW) from another QVW (Second.QVW) for a Specific Sheet (Ex:Sheet1) in First.QVW

I tried creating a button in Second.QVW and called First.QVW using actions 'Open QlikView Document'. It works well, but I need to go to Sheet1 (not Main) of the First.QVW by using the action from Second.QVW.

If we directly open First.QVW it should Open 'Main' sheet and If we open from other QVW (Second.QVW) it should open Sheet1.