Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

How to pass parameters into a Variable

Hi,

I've just posted a new blog entry with a tutorial showing how you can pass parameters into variables.

This opens up a number of opportunities for code re-use, and allows code to be tidied up - particularly in the load script.

Examples are given of how you can use this technique to convert and format dates in your load script.

There is also a full example of how you can create a variable that allows you to calculate the number of working days between two dates, excluding weekends and public holidays.  This variables uses the NetworkDays function, and takes a list of public holidays from a spreadsheet, so it can be updated without having to modify the code.

Please see this post for details:

http://bit.ly/1tspB7A

Please let me know in the comments on that post if you have any questions, or further ideas how that technique can be applied.

Steve

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to pass parameters into a Variable

Article some kind interesting.

Q) I have two graphs, I want to store those two graphs into two Variables is that possible?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: How to pass parameters into a Variable

You can not put the graph into a variable, but you can the expression that drives it. This is generally more than half of the battle.