Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How to pass parameters into a Variable

Hi,

I've just posted a new blog entry with a tutorial showing how you can pass parameters into variables.

This opens up a number of opportunities for code re-use, and allows code to be tidied up - particularly in the load script.

Examples are given of how you can use this technique to convert and format dates in your load script.

There is also a full example of how you can create a variable that allows you to calculate the number of working days between two dates, excluding weekends and public holidays.  This variables uses the NetworkDays function, and takes a list of public holidays from a spreadsheet, so it can be updated without having to modify the code.

Please see this post for details:

http://bit.ly/1tspB7A

Please let me know in the comments on that post if you have any questions, or further ideas how that technique can be applied.

Steve

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Article some kind interesting.

Q) I have two graphs, I want to store those two graphs into two Variables is that possible?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

You can not put the graph into a variable, but you can the expression that drives it. This is generally more than half of the battle.