Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to restrict which filters affect a visualization?

Hello,

I  am developing a dashboard in which many visualizations have common filters and other filters which need to be kept separate.

I need to make it so visualizations ignore specific filters yet share other ones. I planned on doing this using set analysis by inserting something such as:

{$<Filter1=, Filter2=>}

where Filter1 and Filter2 selections would be ignored by the visualization which has this statement. The problem with that is I use a lot of if statements in my expressions (I also have charts with like 9 expressions) and I cannot use a set analysis in the if statement as it seems to require aggregation (ie: putting it inside of  a SUM() function).

I also considered alternate states but that would not work since there ARE some filters which need to be common. (IE the same date filter appears on each tab of my dashboard; when a user makes a selection on one tab it needs to be made on all of the tabs)

What would be the best way of making visualizations ignore specific filters keeping mind a lot of my expressions begin with an IF?

Thanks,

Stephan

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephan

Sounds like you are in need of Alternate States.

There was good QlikCommunity post about Alternate States a while ago.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I mentioned in my post that I tried alternate states but it does not interact well with IF statements. If you could provide an example or at least a link to the post you mentioned that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephan

Pushing it back to you, could you knock up a sample qvw with an Inline Load for your sample data, that demonstrates your problem.  Or your actual qvw if can post it, you may need to scramble the data if it is sensitive.

Without seeing you scenario it is nigh on impossible to describe a solution when I am unclear of the details of the problem.

Best Regards,     Bill