cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to run the macros automatically ?

Hi to all Community peoples,

I have a doubt regarding qlikview macros .

I'm created a macro code to export the data to excel and stored the excel file in my machine,

I'm doing this manually by every day,

I want to run the MACRO(Macro Name is Export_To_Excel) automatically in every day for particular time is it possible ??

Thanks in advance.....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately I have not a sample document, here there are the step to create one:

) in the document menu: Settings -> Document Properties -> Trigger -> onPostReload -> Add -> external -> Run Macro write the name of your macro (the one that export data)

) in the task scheduler (in windows) you have to define a new task that runs a batch file like the following one:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\QlikSource\Sales\MyDocumentName.qvw" >> E:\myDirectory\MyDocumentName.log

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes it is, you have to use a postreload event (trigger) but ... unfortunately this trigger and macros do not work togheter so you need a batch (scheduled by window) that launch the document

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can try with windows scheduler.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for u r quick reply ..

I didn't understand the solution what u said..

Can u please share if possible a sample document or sample application ???

Thanks in advance...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I known as from windows scheduler we can reload the entire qlikview application, I think so we are not able to run the particular MACRO in the qlikview application, If possible with windows scheduler please give me in detail..

Thanks in Advance....

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately I have not a sample document, here there are the step to create one:

) in the document menu: Settings -> Document Properties -> Trigger -> onPostReload -> Add -> external -> Run Macro write the name of your macro (the one that export data)

) in the task scheduler (in windows) you have to define a new task that runs a batch file like the following one:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\QlikSource\Sales\MyDocumentName.qvw" >> E:\myDirectory\MyDocumentName.log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for u quick reply....

This is very helpful and resolved my doubt also .....

Thanks a lot ........