Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to run the macros automatically ?

Hi to all Community peoples,

I have a doubt regarding qlikview macros .

I'm created a macro code to export the data to excel and stored the excel file in my machine,

I'm doing this manually by every day,

I want to run the MACRO(Macro Name is Export_To_Excel) automatically in every day for particular time is it possible ??

Thanks in advance.....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately I have not a sample document, here there are the step to create one:

) in the document menu: Settings -> Document Properties -> Trigger -> onPostReload -> Add -> external -> Run Macro write the name of your macro (the one that export data)

) in the task scheduler (in windows) you have to define a new task that runs a batch file like the following one:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\QlikSource\Sales\MyDocumentName.qvw" >> E:\myDirectory\MyDocumentName.log

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes it is, you have to use a postreload event (trigger) but ... unfortunately this trigger and macros do not work togheter so you need a batch (scheduled by window) that launch the document

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can try with windows scheduler.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for u r quick reply ..

I didn't understand the solution what u said..

Can u please share if possible a sample document or sample application ???

Thanks in advance...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I known as from windows scheduler we can reload the entire qlikview application, I think so we are not able to run the particular MACRO in the qlikview application, If possible with windows scheduler please give me in detail..

Thanks in Advance....

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately I have not a sample document, here there are the step to create one:

) in the document menu: Settings -> Document Properties -> Trigger -> onPostReload -> Add -> external -> Run Macro write the name of your macro (the one that export data)

) in the task scheduler (in windows) you have to define a new task that runs a batch file like the following one:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\QlikSource\Sales\MyDocumentName.qvw" >> E:\myDirectory\MyDocumentName.log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for u quick reply....

This is very helpful and resolved my doubt also .....

Thanks a lot ........