cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to selct the latest frequent selected values

Dear All,

How can i set the sorting order of list box,

so that Mostly selected feilds should come on top in the List Box.

And if i close the Application and open it again the sorting order should be Same....

Thanking You in Advance.

Please reply ASAP.....

Regards

Pranav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav

There is no built in function for your requirement.

I have already outlined in your first started thread how you could achieve this maintaining a log file of user selections.

I suggest you start to build an example app with this functionality built in and post your results if you get stuck at some point.

Juerg

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav,

Usually the sorting order is set by going to the sort tab in the propeties window and then selecting the sort order for the specified field. I you want to load the data as given in your database you need to check the load order selection and then the original format in in it. like if you want the associated selection to be highlighted on top of the list box when a selection is mande, then yo have to check the state check bos and sort it in the ascending order. Hope this helps.

Regards Joeph

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joseph for yoour Quick Reply,

But i want the most frequently used data only come first.

Ex: In 3 feild Ram ,Shyam, Dann. I Hve selected ram 5 times, Dann 8 times and shyam 3 times then it should show me as 1st dann, then, 2nd ram and 3rd shyam.

Please Reply ASAP....

Again Thanks for your Reply..

Regards

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav

There is no built in function for your requirement.

I have already outlined in your first started thread how you could achieve this maintaining a log file of user selections.

I suggest you start to build an example app with this functionality built in and post your results if you get stuck at some point.

Juerg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Juerg ,

For your Quick Reply, I will Definately do as per your Suggestion again Thanks a lot...

Not applicable
Author

Dear Juerg,

If i will Make a log file and attach all the feilds which are selected by the user and then again put the log files, then how will it show the selected feilds in the sorting order...

Please Reply and Sorry to Disturb you...

Please Reply ASAP....

Regards Pranav

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You could also probably use macros to update a database when values are selected. Perhaps something like this:

Unique ID, Field, Selected Value, Timestamp

The log would probably contain similar information, so whatever is easiest for you to create.

Then you need to load the data in. Let's say you decide you want your Customers sorted by how often they've been selected in the past three months. Something like this:

LEFT JOIN ([Customer Table])
LOAD
"Selected Value" as "Customer"
,count("Unique ID") as "Customer Selection Frequency"
FROM your data source
WHERE Field = 'Customer'
AND Timestamp >= three months ago
GROUP BY "Selected Value"
;

Then in your Customer list box, go to properties, sort, checkmark expression, and enter "Customer Selection Frequency" as the expression. Seems like it would work. I certainly haven't tested it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav

No sweat - you are not disturbing me, I do not feel obliged to answer all questions.

John showed another way to keep track of it - I did not think of this option but if you are anyway connected to a DB it might be easier than a log file.

As said, start with building an app that logs selections. We can help you with loading this data and make it a sort order for your list box.

Juerg

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou John For Your Reply I will Try your method to solve the problem

Thanks Again...

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

Is it possible for you create and attach the sample application for this. So that it is more understandable for new comers.