Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to select common fact table rows based on selection in island tables

Hi all,

I have a very specific problem (better understood with code attached).

What my requirement is to select fact table rows based on selection of two time period such that only those rows are selected which have matching key in both the time period. The time period selection is done via 2 island tables which are sourced from common source table.

In the Dashboard attached, I have 2 time period selection data island i.e. Current Period and Trend Period. The matching key on which I need to make selection is Key1, when I select ON in Match island table.

For example, If I make selection of Q1_2014 & Q2_2014 in Trend and Q1_2015 in Current, I expect, Key1 to select value of 1 and 2, since they are common between q1, q2 '14 and q1 '15.

In my approach, i think i need to create actions when match is on, however I'm clueless on determining the criteria to make selection on key1 :S

Please help provide some ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you can use set analysis to find the keys with relation to both selected periods, something like

=Count({<Key1 = p({<Period = Current_Period>})*p({<Period = Trend_Period>})>} Key)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you can use set analysis to find the keys with relation to both selected periods, something like

=Count({<Key1 = p({<Period = Current_Period>})*p({<Period = Trend_Period>})>} Key)

abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Stefan, it works perfectly