Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to shift/move overlapping symbol labels in graphs?

Hi,

How to shift/move overlapping symbol labels in graphs?

If data sets are close to each other, it would be helpful to be able to shift e.g. one data set labels to the right and other to the left. Now the labels are always on the top of the symbols. This would be most useful when using images in ppt-shows while you cannot see the values by pointing your mouse.

Thanks in advance

Sampo

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Press <Ctrl> and <Shift>.  Red lines will appear around sub objects which can then be moved.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Press ctrl+Shift.Red lines will show the area where you can move the labels.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I can see this way I can move Graph title label.

I am looking for way to move labels inside expression data series when Values in Data points is selected.

BR,

Sampo

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I can see this way I can move Graph title label.

I am looking for way to move labels inside expression data series when Values in Data points is selected.

BR,

Sampo

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

I dont think it is possible.Yo can get values on data point in the graph but not sure about data labels.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Maybe I was unclear.

I am looking for way to move numbers inside expression data series when Values in Data points is selected.

e.g. one data set numbers to the right and other to the left. Now the numbers are always on the top of the symbols. This would be most useful when using images in ppt-shows while you cannot see the values by pointing your mouse.

BR,

Sampo