Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

How to show total num of rows in "Total" row in the first or last Row of a timestamp field?

Hi experts,

I have a table with 3 fields, a ID field, a Last_Updated field which is a timestamp field, and another flag field (IS_VALID).

I added a ID as dimension and an express to get the most recent Last_Updated value before a certain date (for example, 2018-1-1).

I got something like below, and I want to show the total number of rows I got in the first Row, but it shows as a date value now, how to make it show as as number? I attached my qvw file too.

Capture.PNG

thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try something like below. change your expression to
if(dimensionality()=0, sum( RowNo()),YOUR_EXPRESSION)

basically if dimensionality is 0 thats for the total so use the count expression you want there

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

On the Expression tab, you should be able to select the expression/column go to Total mode and select the 3rd option to select the Total count of Rows
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply. Actually that's exactly what I did, the number showing in the Total row is in a date format, but I want it to be in number format..

Capture.PNG

jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, Instead of Total Count,, select the option Numeric count in the drop down and check.
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

HiJobsonkjoseph,

I tried Numeric count, but still no luck. I tried other options too in Total mode dropdown box, but they only gave me date format..

Capture.PNG

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try something like below. change your expression to
if(dimensionality()=0, sum( RowNo()),YOUR_EXPRESSION)

basically if dimensionality is 0 thats for the total so use the count expression you want there
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Dilipranjith,

This works beautifully!!

Thank you!

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

No problems