Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

How to split a single row value into multiple rows with equal value

Hi All,

I need to link actual amounts with Budgets for a report. All these time, we have been handling this manually by splitting cells into thousands of rows manually.

Thanks to Qlikview, I hope above procedure would no longer be required and could be handled by Qlikview.

Budget:

Field1,      Field2,               Field3,         Month      Amount     Amount2

FactoryA  JIT customers     NorthArea    Feb-15      1,600.00     175

FactoryB  Direct customersNorthArea    Feb-15      1,750.00     140

...etc....     ...............          ...............   ........         ............

Actuals:

Field1,      Field2,               Field3,         Date           Amount     Amount2

FactoryA  JIT customers     NorthArea    01-Feb-15      175.00     6

FactoryA  JIT customers     NorthArea    02-Feb-15      140.00     2

..etc....     ...............          ...............   ........         ............

I have budgets month wise and actual data come on a daily basis and requirement is to report on a daily basis.

Can I handle splitting of Budget rows into number of days in a month (28 rows in Feb) by equal amounts (1,600/28 and 175/28) AND also it should be unique for all fields because we have to review budgets all Fields wise.

Many thanks

Senarath

13 Replies
senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks all for your valuable time.....

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jagan,

One more point. When I give from instead of inline, data do not get loaded.

Budget:

Load Factory,Customer,Area,Amount,Month,Amount2/DaysInMonth As Amount2, Date(Date#(Month,'MMM-YY') + IterNo() - 1) As Date

While IterNo() <= DaysInMonth;

Load Factory,Customer,Area,Month, Day(MonthEnd(Date#(Month,'MMM-YY'))) As DaysInMonth, Amount, Amount2

FROM

[Budget_L_2015-16.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is HK);

Am I missing something here. Script completes but no data picked up

thanks

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think the issue is with the Date format, check the date format you are getting in the Qlikview from Excel.

Regards,

jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jagan,

Do you happen to know how to skip public holidays and weekends during the load?

regards

Angelo