Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to stop a blank user being loaded into my document?

Hello all

I have been working on a Sytem Monitor and there was a blank user appearing in the application.  After some investigation into the log files I had discovered the blank users was taking the Client Address of the Qlikview server.

I now want to stop this blank user from being loaded into the application.  I have tried  using the code below but when I reload it, I get a message saying Qlikview couldnt find the field 'Session_User'

LOAD

Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100))               AS Session_User,

* WHERE

Session_User <> ' '

;

FROM

$(SessionPath) (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

It's saying it can't find the field because it doesn't exist yet.  I think you need something like

WHERE len(trim(Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100)) ))>0

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stuart

you may use

len(trim(Session_user) ) <> 0

trim will remove blanks and let len = 0   so it won't be loaded

best regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

I tried that and it is still saying it can't find the field.  I will work on this tomorrow to try and find a fix!

Nicole-Smith

It's saying it can't find the field because it doesn't exist yet.  I think you need something like

WHERE len(trim(Capitalize(Mid([Identifying user],Index([Identifying user],'\')+1,100)) ))>0

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nicole.  That works great, no more blank users for me .  Thank you both for your help.