cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viralkmehta1968
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to transfer sheet objects created by a user to another user

Due to a system issue, we had to create new user logins for all our Qlikview accesspoint users. However users have their own objects created under the old userid that need to be transferred to their new userid.

How can we do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This technique does work (and is a lifesaver in those cases where a customer decides to change the domain name).

However, you may have to import all retargeted objects again into other users document versions. You can use the repository for this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

With Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView‌. Server Object Handler Batch sounds like the tool you're looking for.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
viralkmehta1968
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I tried the the Server Object Handler to test change of ownership using the following 2 scenarios:

1) I created a tablebox as owner A. Then I changed ownership of the tablebox to owner B using the Server Object Handler. When I opened the document as owner B I could not see the tablebox.

2) I created a new sheet and a sheet object in the new sheet as owner A. Then I changed ownership of the sheet and the tablebox to owner B using the Server Object Handler. When I opened the document as owner B I could see the new sheet but not the tablebox. The sheet was empty.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you,

Viral Mehta

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. Try asking in comments section of Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This technique does work (and is a lifesaver in those cases where a customer decides to change the domain name).

However, you may have to import all retargeted objects again into other users document versions. You can use the repository for this.

viralkmehta1968
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you, Peter.