Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to update a report without reload?

Hi, all

As the title, i want to modify a comment with a input box, and then, i want to update this comment into a table without reload. Please help and thanks advanced

BR/Ting

20 Replies
girish_talele
Creator
Creator

"update this comment into a table"

which table? In Resident Table?

I think it is not possible. You need to re-load the qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. In resident table. for example: a resident list-box. I had saw a example which can write memory without reload. It can add or delete or modify a row through button. I think it is useful to me. But i don't know how to do. Do you have any idea?

girish_talele
Creator
Creator

Your requirement is not clear.

Refer below example, Is this what you want or upload your qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Wow, it's really useful to me. thank you so much.

girish_talele
Creator
Creator

Thanks,

Please mark the reply as correct answer if your query is resolved.

Not applicable
Author

have been marked. And if you know how to write back to memory?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Wanting,

This is possible, but its tricky to be used to update a row based database or a QVD file. But using the Input box from Girish's example and a Macro to reload the dashboard, this can be stored back as a QVD at server/machine and reused. A load stated combined by referring to the individual variables updated using the input box could solve this. But this could end up to have many unique variable, 1 per column if seen from a data file point of view

But the reload from browser part might be tricky as this involves Macro and EDX.

Thanks

Ram

Not applicable
Author

Dear Ram,

Thanks for the reply.I just want to know for example: how to use macro add(or delete or modify) a row in a resident list-box

In fact, my english is poor, Forgive me

BR/Ting

girish_talele
Creator
Creator

Very true Ramanan,

As given in example, variable "vScriptVariable" can be fetched in any table while reloading.

But as you correctly said use can enter any value, This can be addressed with Listing pre-defined values Drop Down.

But updating table without reload will be issue.