Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to use Windows Password in Section Access?

Hi,

I need to implement the data reduction type of security in QlikView by using Section Access. All things good, but the requirement is that the users must log with their NTNAME (field that I have) and their Windows Password. ¿How can I implement the security using the password found in the Active Directory (not stored in a file)?

Thanks,

Sorin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You don't. Authentication is done outside of QlikView, in your case by Windows AD. Section Access only needs to know the verified user ID of the Windows user, and that value is stored as 'domainname\accountname' in Section Access field NTNAME (and later translated to an SID). Using Windows accounts, SSO (Single Sign-On) is the only way to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are using section access with NTNAME, you don't need a PASSWORD field in section access, the authorization will be handled automatically by the server services (i.e. you need to configure directory service on QMC).

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You don't. Authentication is done outside of QlikView, in your case by Windows AD. Section Access only needs to know the verified user ID of the Windows user, and that value is stored as 'domainname\accountname' in Section Access field NTNAME (and later translated to an SID). Using Windows accounts, SSO (Single Sign-On) is the only way to go.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you pcammaert‌ and swuehl‌!