Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to use a ColumnName as dimension and selection Criteria

I am new to QlikView and not able to figure out the solution.I have a datastructure in the form of columns A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014.

where columns 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 represent years which have integer sales values corresponding to columns A,B,C,D,E.

I want to build a report where I am able to select year and according the bar chart should display the selected years data on X axis and total sales on Y axis.I also want to multiselect different values for A,B,C,D or E for a particular year so that the bar chart gives me total sales value for selected values.

I am not able to figure put how should I configure the data so that I can use a ColumnName in table as a dimension,for selection and be able o use the column data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

You can use a crosstable load to convert the columns to rows. The 5 means 5 columns before you get to the columns you're converting to rows.

CROSSTABLE (Year,SalesValue,5)
LOAD A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014
from whatever your data source is;

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

You can use a crosstable load to convert the columns to rows. The 5 means 5 columns before you get to the columns you're converting to rows.

CROSSTABLE (Year,SalesValue,5)
LOAD A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014
from whatever your data source is;

Not applicable

Hey it worked,Thanks a ton John !!! was struggling with this since 2-3 days.

Thanks Again !!!