Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use a ColumnName as dimension and selection Criteria

I am new to QlikView and not able to figure out the solution.I have a datastructure in the form of columns A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014.

where columns 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 represent years which have integer sales values corresponding to columns A,B,C,D,E.

I want to build a report where I am able to select year and according the bar chart should display the selected years data on X axis and total sales on Y axis.I also want to multiselect different values for A,B,C,D or E for a particular year so that the bar chart gives me total sales value for selected values.

I am not able to figure put how should I configure the data so that I can use a ColumnName in table as a dimension,for selection and be able o use the column data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can use a crosstable load to convert the columns to rows. The 5 means 5 columns before you get to the columns you're converting to rows.

CROSSTABLE (Year,SalesValue,5)
LOAD A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014
from whatever your data source is;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can use a crosstable load to convert the columns to rows. The 5 means 5 columns before you get to the columns you're converting to rows.

CROSSTABLE (Year,SalesValue,5)
LOAD A,B,C,D,E,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014
from whatever your data source is;

Not applicable
Author

Hey it worked,Thanks a ton John !!! was struggling with this since 2-3 days.

Thanks Again !!!