Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use alerts for more than one recipient

I have a need to alert each country agent when sales in their county is higher than 3000.  I have enclosed the example below and am using the alerts in batch mode from publisher.  What I want is an email that is sent to each country agent when their sales reaches a certain threshold.

Is this possible from a single alert?

What I have done is setup a dynamic bookmark when Sales reaches 3000 or greater.

Set up the document to publish from the server.  And set the following conditions:

The Agent emails have been changed from the example but should represent email addresses of each agent.

Here is the email I am getting:

no "Country" or email for each condition.

Please help - thanks!

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can try to put an expression like the following in your mail recipients field:

=chr(39) & concat({BM01} Agent,chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39)

that will give you a single-quoted list of the Agent that are possible when the BM01 bookmark is applied. 

I used a variable in the attached application.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Kari - that does put the multiple recipients in a single email. 

However, I was trying to find out if the condition would loop so I can send a separate email to each agent.  Is this possible with a single alert - I had thought the condition could be evaluated until no longer true like a loop condition?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The only way I've found to do this is to duplicate the alert and create a bookmark for each agent. Not very elegant.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob! That's what I was afraid of

Not applicable
Author

As Rob stated, you have to make duplicats and create bookmarks for each recipient/agent