Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Not applicable

How to write Expression in Text Object

Hi,

I am using a Text object to display, either a green "Check" image, if the expression is TRUE, and same Text object must display a red "X" image if the expression is not true. I included this logic in the "Text" right mouse click -> Properties -> General tab -> Edit Expression box, but it does not work. I may not be using the right syntax. Can someone please suggest?

Table1:

Load

* INLINE [
Room, Error

Room 1, 0

Room 2, 0

Room 3, 1];

The table looks like this:

RoomError
Room 10
Room 20
Room 31

I selected a "Text" object. In text object "Properties" -> General tab -> within "Text" box, I want to type an expression or logic in the text object, that displays:

a green check image, if Room = Room 1 and Error = 0, otherwise the object will display a Red X image

Similary, there will be three separate Text objects for three rooms. Room 1 and Room 2 will display green checks and Room 3 will display red X.

Expression for green checkbox = 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png')

Expression for red X = 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png'

This logic works in other Chart Type. I am able to execute this expression in Chart, by selecting Guage chart type, and in Properties select horizontal Traffic Light "Style".

Dimension: =if([Room]='Room 1',[CV-190 Room])

Expression: Error

This works perfectly, but it gives me only Round green and Round Red options. I prefer to use the green Check image and Red X image that is already available in "Edit Expression" -> "Images" tab

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: How to write Expression in Text Object

You could do something like this:

=if(sum({<Room={'Room 3'} >} Errorx) > 0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png' , 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png')

Grtz Fred

7 Replies
Partner
Partner

Hi Raghavendra,

Change representation to image and try again.

Grtz Fred

rooms.JPG

Not applicable

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your quick response. I am already using Image "representation". I want to know the syntax that can be used in the "Text" box field that is located above the "Representation" field. The logic must do following:

If((Room = 'Room 1') and (Error = 0), 'green checkbox', 'red x').

Raghu

Partner
Partner

You could do something like this:

=if(sum({<Room={'Room 3'} >} Errorx) > 0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png' , 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png')

Grtz Fred

Not applicable

Hi Fred,

I used following:

=

if(Sum({<Room={'Room1'} >} Error) =0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png')

I get the green check, but when I replace Room1 with Room3, I am supposed to see Red X, but instead I see green check.

The three Text Objects for three rooms must display:

Check.jpg

Thanks,

Raghu

Partner
Partner

Try 'Room 3' (space between Room and 3) instead of 'Room3'.

Grtz Fred

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your earlier suggestions.

The following works:

=

if(sum({<Room={'Room 1'}>} Error) =0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png')

Thanks,

Raghu

Partner
Partner

Please mark this question as answered.

Thanks