Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfarrell
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hyperion Essbase Connector (500) Internal Server Error

I am attempting to connect to Essbase using the Qliks Essbase connector but am getting the follow message when setting up the connection

(500) Internal Server Error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this connector issue.

Thanks in Advance

13 Replies
nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey Greg,

I'm getting the same error. Did you find a solution?

Thx

Nate

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Nathan

Did you manage to resolve your error 500 on the Essbase Connection?

nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John,

I still haven't figured out the solution. Do you have any ideas/having the same issue?

thx

Nate

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Nathan,

I am still trying to get this to work. I see in the Essbase logs that my query gets to Essbase and is returned to QlikSense but then I get the Error 500.

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Nathan,

I am not sure if you have managed to get your EssBase connector to work but I have made a slight bit of progress.

When accessing the EssBase Provider Service the connection is failing the Authentication. This is resulting in the Error 500 being returned.

This site is not your standard all AD environment. It uses IBM's Access Manager as repository for the user information which then pushes information to various AD. Although the EssBase and Qlik Sense server AD has the same name they are not the same. This is causing the failure.

I am trying to find out from support / R&D how I can pass Authentication information thru to the EssBase server in the request header.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John - were you able to resolve this ? I'm having an issue connecting to provider services and getting the same internal 500 error. I have 2 networks and the client machine I'm using can connect to our uat environment when they're both on the same network. Our client machine fails when we connect to provider services hosted in a different network. We have a firewall between the client and provider services server but port 13080 is accepting traffic.

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi D G,

Sort of sorted it out.

It turned out to be the way that Essbase had been installed.

I found another Essbase installation at the client where it worked fine. So we compared the 2 sites.

The difference was the sequence in which the Essbase components where installed. On the failing site the Essbase Provider Service had been installed much later than the Data Provider. It was almost an afterthought.

So instead of fixing the Essbase environments the user decided not to use the connector (they are planning to phase out Essbase in any case)

nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John,

Did you determine that the issue had to do with the Data Provider?

Thanks

Nate

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Nate,

In our case it was the Provider Service that was getting in the way.