Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have a "sum" problem.

Hello ,

I calculated masraf and kdv part but i have problem.If ı use just sum function (sum(Masraf) and sum(Kdv)),calculated all record and If use sum with distinct  (sum(distinct masraf) and sum(distinct kdv)),this not calculated same record.

How can i solve this problem?

Normally Masraf = 135 Kdv =198

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

A table box will only show lines for distinct combinations of values, so you won't see duplicate lines.

So, when you sum MASRAF and KDV for Teppich, there are in fact 4 records with same KDV and MASRAF values, so the sum is 4*39,596 for KDV.

You can create a list box for a field and select 'Show frequency' in list box properties, then select the firm. You will see the number of records involved in the list box.

If you don't expect these duplicate record values, you need to check how you generated the QVD from your original data source. Have you used a JOIN that may have duplicated your fact values?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why must KDV be 198?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I controled  kdv from my other programs .so must be 198.sum distinct function not calculated 11.55 because this record two times in data.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I controled  kdv from my other programs .so must be 198.

Then I suggest your create data that can meet your demand. Because the data you loaded in your document does not in any way sum to 198.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your interest.

If you sum Kdv manually ,you can see 198 .only not in other program.I thınk i follow to wrong in qlikview

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I could find no way to sum the KVD values in your document to get a result of 198 using only the KVD values.

Not applicable
Author

No problem,thanks gwassenaar

If i use only KDV , i cant see sum if have one more record for one firm.

Not applicable
Author

Hello guys,

I didnt find any solution please help me

I put my data in table box also seen normally but if ı use sum  Eco market multiply 6 (44,76*6) and Teppich (39.59*4) and yenice (8,55*2) only this three data wrong.Also in table box can see normally but i didnt understand .

swuehl
MVP
MVP

A table box will only show lines for distinct combinations of values, so you won't see duplicate lines.

So, when you sum MASRAF and KDV for Teppich, there are in fact 4 records with same KDV and MASRAF values, so the sum is 4*39,596 for KDV.

You can create a list box for a field and select 'Show frequency' in list box properties, then select the firm. You will see the number of records involved in the list box.

If you don't expect these duplicate record values, you need to check how you generated the QVD from your original data source. Have you used a JOIN that may have duplicated your fact values?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much. your answer is very clearly and I understood.

I will check my qvd.

Thanks