Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justin_morley
Creator
Creator

I know why my data's disappearing, but what can I do about it?

It's taken me ages to work out what my problem is, but I've managed to exemplify it very simply in the attached app.

If you look at the app, Table 1 shows no data in column k, I think because my field "Condition" is selected. The set expression doesn't do what I expected it to - to look at all the data, not just the current selection, and I think this is because the Dimension comes from an unconnected data island (I previously implemented this as a ValueList, which gives the same result).

The expression needs to be an if statement like this as the conditions can get pretty complex:

if(RowTitle='A',

Sum({<Condition={Ac}>}Value),

if(RowTitle='B',

Sum({$<Condition={Bc}>}Value)

))

It's essentially a pretty well trodden methodology for maintaining multiple expressions in different rows within a single table, which I borrowed from elsewhere.

Bearing this in mind, any ideas how I can force all the data to appear in column k?

Apologies for not being able to explain this very well, I knew I'd have to show rather than tell!

Cheers,

Justin

14 Replies
justin_morley
Creator
Creator
Author

One more thing. This is probably more sensibly expressed as it is in my actual app, with years being the conditions. Basically, the app is looking over the previous year's data, but when the current year is selected, the previous year's data disappears, in spite of the set expression. See the attached app to see what I mean

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

here you go !

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

No Problem. Good to Know 🙂

justin_morley
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Manish,

Thanks very much for your efforts.

You've added METHOD 1-3 to the sheet, but unfortunately, none of them work - as soon as I select Condition Ac, the data in column k disappears for all three methods.

Is that not what you see?

Thanks,

Justin

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Obviously... There is no data associated with Ac to k... !

Try this...