Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need 4 different filters (selection Boxes) for same field for compartive analysis

Hi Community,

I have to create a 4 different selection boxes for same field in comparing of straight table,,i used states but they are not working for set analysis.Can some one help what is solution ?

De

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

States are working very well in Set Analysis, you just need to use the correct syntax.

If you named your 4 states State1, State2, State3 and State4, the expressions for the four columns would be:

sum({State1} Amount)

sum({State2} Amount)

sum({State3} Amount)

sum({State4} Amount)

Are you experiencing any other problems with Set Analysis and Alternate States?

I encourage you and anybody else who is interested in advanced Set Analysis, to check out my sessions at the Masters Summit for QlikView in Chicago:

www.masterssummit.com

best,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Can you please tell how can i write syntax for this expression:

='High' & ':' &count({<[QC SCAR Severity] = {'High'}>}DISTINCT [QC SCAR Number])

My State is =State 2

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Something like this (writing it "dry",so can't guarantee the exact syntax:

='High' & ':' &count({[State 2] * $<[QC SCAR Severity] = {'High'}>} DISTINCT [QC SCAR Number])

Explanation: the resulting set is the intersection (*) of the Sate 2 (selected Supplier) and the current Selections State $ with the modifier of QC SCAR Severity = High.

Try and see if it works