Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin - automatic browser refresh

Hello guys,

I have a Qlikview application being showed on a PC.

The application is on the server, and reloads every 5 minutes with new information. After this my client PC needs to show the updated data.

I have noticed that the browser does not refresh automatically, so I only have new data when I refresh it manually.

I have read a bit about this issue and installed on my client PC the Qlikview plugin, because apparently with the plugin the internet explorer can refresh automatically after the server reloads the data.

The thing is that I thought that after install the plug in, internet explorer would show a new add on, on the add ons list, that I could configure, but there is nothing new and the browser does not refresh.

Is there a way to "activate the QV add-on" on internet explorer?

I have IE 9, and QV 11.

Also the document that is loaded on the server also has the correct option selected:

• Server performs refresh automatically without client option
  • Enable push from server
  • Enable dynamic update

Any ideas how to make the plug in/add on work properly on IE?

Thank you!!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To isntall the plug in on a machine, you should jsut be able to go into AccessPoint and on the top middle of the screen you will see a link to isntall the plugin - click on the lonk to download

\Once downloaded successfully you will need to run the application through the plugin - on accesspoint, click view details underneath your applciation icon and select IEPlugin option - this will run the application on accesspoint through the plug in

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Uninstall Qlikview-Plug in from Control Panel.

Capture1.PNG

Install again the plug in shown.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

So just to make things clear:

1 - Uninstall the plugin from the client PC

2 - Access to the Access Point (QVS) through the client PC with IExplorer

3 - Download and install the plugin

Everything is to made on the client PC, yes?

Thank you for the answers!

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

‌did you follow my advise? What is the status.