Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

If my server is QV10 and my desktop is QV11 ... when I view in AJAX will it be V10?

Hi All,

If my server is QV10 and my desktop is QV11 ... when I view in AJAX will it be V10?

I'm trying to test what viewing docs through AJAX in V11 will look like and whether some bugs we've had using it are fixed or not.  However, we don't want to upgrade the server yet (we don't have a test server) as we're just in the process of launching a new external document.  We have external clients who were originally planning on using the IE plugin before finding out that their computer outsource company were going to charge them £1800, plus £40 per user, to install the plugin.  As you can imagine, AJAX has suddenly become preferred option but with obvious drawbacks: general look and feel not as good, colour gradients change slightly, search object loses drop down arrow to show included fields, search text entered into a search object remains after selection is made and original prompt doesn't return until page is refreshed, don't have copy image or copy data icons.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Emma

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes. Connection to the server will be QV10. But WebView in the Desktop will be AJAX version 11.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Many thanks for the idea, and this will certainly give me a better idea of any more general look and feel type changes, however, the webview doesn't have the same glitches that actually using AJAX does.  On of my biggest annoyances is the search object losing it's prompt ... and this works fine in WebView in V10, but doesn't work in AJAX.

Will have a look ... just hoping we can upgrade soon, but nervous about going in on the initial release!

Cheers,

Emma