Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore Listbox selections for a single Item on a sheet

Hi all,

I am trying to build a bar chart with two bars(expressions) where one expression reacts to all listbox selections and the other bar only reacts to some of the slections. For example I want both expressions to react to the YEAR selection, But I only want the second expression to react to the BUSINESS UNITListbox.

The Dimensions are YEAR and BUSINESS UNIT and PRODUCT

Both Expressions are :

COUNT(FIELDA)

COUNT(FIELDA)

My other option is to build Two charts on the same sheet side by side but I run into the same problem of having one react to LISTBOX selections and the other to ignore the BUSINESS UNIT selections.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello.

You can use set analysis to accomplish this. Basically, your first expresson would use a set to ignore the selection for BUSINESS UNIT.

Something like Count ({$<[BUSINESS UNIT] = {"*"}>} FieldA). Note: Syntax not verified.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello.

You can use set analysis to accomplish this. Basically, your first expresson would use a set to ignore the selection for BUSINESS UNIT.

Something like Count ({$<[BUSINESS UNIT] = {"*"}>} FieldA). Note: Syntax not verified.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

Not applicable
Author

John,

Thanks . that worked perfectly !

Mike

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Simpler syntax just so you know:

count({<[BUSINESS UNIT]=>} FieldA)

The dollar sign is optional, and I prefer to exclude it since dollar signs are also used for dollar sign expansion and for parameters. And using = says to ignore the selections, which gives the same result as ={"*"}, which says to search for and "select" all values.

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks for the tip John. Your syntax is much cleaner.

John.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

How would you alter above expression to ignore more than one list boxes selections. For exaple I already have ignore one selection (express) in this expression below.

=min({< sub_metrics = {'same day'},branch_flag ={'0'},express=>}target)

Now I also want to ignore Month dimension in the expression above. How would I change this to ignore month too along with express dimension?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Amey

Not applicable
Author

To ignore more than one selection, the syntax would look like this:

count({<Field1=,Field2=,Field3=>} FieldA)