Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore Selections in Mini Chart

Hi,

I have to make a Mini chart  ignore YearQuarter selections.

I am working on a Mini chart which should display the Trend for all values ignoring YearQuarter selections.  I have 5 KPI's, each with a set analysis expression where I have ignored YearQuarter selections. However, for some reason Trend in the Mini chart changes when I make a YearQuarter selection.

Please let me know if there is something wrong with the expression or if there is any other solution.

Here is the expression for Mini chart and please find qvw attached as well-

If(KPICode = '1', COUNT(   {$< QuoteStatus = {'WON'}, YearQuarter=>} QuoteLineItemID ) /Count({$<  QuoteStatus=, YearQuarter= >} QuoteLineItemID),

If(KPICode = '2', Sum({$< QuoteStatus = {'WON'}, YearQuarter=>} Revenue ) /Sum({$<  QuoteStatus=, YearQuarter= >} Revenue),

If(KPICode = '3', Sum({$< YearQuarter= >}(Revenue))/sum({$< YearQuarter= >}(TargetPrice*Quantity)),

if(KPICode = '4', Sum({$< YearQuarter=, QuoteStatus=   >} ResponseTime)/COUNT({$<  QuoteStatus=, YearQuarter= >} QuoteLineItemID),

Avg({$< YearQuarter= >}DistiMargin)))))

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Your expression is actually correct, the problem is with your data model. If you mouse over YearQuarter in the table viewer, you will see that it's only at 4% information density in the dates dimension table. You need this to be at 100%. I recommend creating YearQuarter in the script as follows:

year(Date) & '-Q' & ceil(month(num#(Date))/3) as YearQuarter

This should fix the problem I think.

Regards,

Vlad

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think Set Analysis works correctly on MINI charts?

I have been unable to get them to work properly.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Here is my expression:

Num(Sum({<FiscalYear=,FiscalQuarterYear=,FiscalMonthYearName=,MetricDate=>}Numerator),FormatCode)

The dimension for the mini chart is:

FiscalMonthYearName

When a user makes a selection on FiscalMonthYearName, the mini chart changes to reflect that selection.  My data model is good (all calendar values are at 100% density).