Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ignore certain fields in Set Analysis

Hello,

Hope everyone is fine.

We have an expression which calculates the total average of our technicians and the supervisors.  When we click on a supervisor then the average changes.

We want the average to only change on when date is selected.  We do not want the average to change when technician or supervisor is selected.

We are using a variable with the following expression to calculate the Average.

num(count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}, Task_st2 = {'Completed'}>}Task_st2)/sum(aggr(count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}>}distinct Technician_ID),newDate,Technician_ID)), '##.##')

How can we ignore the Technician_ID and the Supervisor_ID when we select the Technician and Supervisor so that the Average do not change due to selection.

Will appreciate if someone can assist.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Num(Count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}, Task_st2 = {'Completed'}, Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>}Task_st2)/Sum({<Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>} Aggr(Count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}, Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>} DISTINCT Technician_ID), newDate, Technician_ID)), '##.##')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Num(Count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}, Task_st2 = {'Completed'}, Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>}Task_st2)/Sum({<Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>} Aggr(Count({<Contractor_Name= {'FHC'}, Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>} DISTINCT Technician_ID), newDate, Technician_ID)), '##.##')

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sunny,

Thanks a lot for the correct answer.  I was almost there as I was missing Sum({<Technician_ID, Supervisor_ID>}

before the aggr part.

I read it in one of the questions that if you want to ignore the dimensions then include them inside the <> in the set analysis. 

Thanks once again for your assistance.