Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore one value selection in field

Hello,

I am using set analysis so that I can apply controls around the selections users make.  Imagine that I have two filters [Ticket Type] and [Catalog HPE].  In this example, I want it to sum the TICKET_COUNT for [Ticket Type] = Incidents which is easy enough.  But, I also need it to ignore the Catalog HPE selection - but only when Service Request is selected.  If any other value (e.g. Access Control) is selected from HPE, the filter should apply like normal.

I found the following on Google.  It gives me the total for Ticket Type = Incidents when nothing is selected.  It gives me the Total Incidents where Catalog HPE = Access Control when I select it from the filter.  However, I get 0 when I choose Service Request from Catalog HPE.  I would expect it to ignore the selection and give me the same result as if no selection had been made.

({<[Ticket Type]={'Incidents'},[Catalog HPE] -= {'Service Request'}>} TICKET_COUNT)

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(GetFieldSelections([Catalog HPE]) = 'Service Request', Count({<[Ticket Type]={'Incidents'}, [Catalog HPE] = {'*'} - {'Service Request'}>} TICKET_COUNT), Count({<[Ticket Type]={'Incidents'}, [Catalog HPE] = p([Catalog HPE])>} TICKET_COUNT))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(GetFieldSelections([Catalog HPE]) = 'Service Request', Count({<[Ticket Type]={'Incidents'}, [Catalog HPE] = {'*'} - {'Service Request'}>} TICKET_COUNT), Count({<[Ticket Type]={'Incidents'}, [Catalog HPE] = p([Catalog HPE])>} TICKET_COUNT))

wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

THANK YOU!!!  I had actually started working on an IF statement after my post, but I was having trouble figuring it out.  The part I was missing was GetFieldSelections([Catalog HPE]) = 'Service Request'.  I was using [Catalog HPE] = 'Service Request' which I believe was checking each record for the value instead of the filter selection value.

Here is my final expression, in case you were interested:

(match(GetFieldSelections([Catalog HPE]),'Service Request','Incidents') ,
SUM({<[Ticket Type]=, [Catalog HPE]=>} TICKET_COUNT),
SUM({<[Ticket Type]=>} TICKET_COUNT))