Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import JavaScript Html scroll text app into Qlikview

hi is it possible to import a javascript html page that scrolls text into a qlikview text box?

i have small html page that i want to import but dont know how

any help would be great?????????????

attached below is the html/javascript i want embedded into a qlikview text box

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/0066.scroll-text.html:550:0]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You should have a look at QlikView extensions in version 10 which allows you to define custom objects integrated in the ajax client through javascript code.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

anyone?

Not applicable
Author

You should have a look at QlikView extensions in version 10 which allows you to define custom objects integrated in the ajax client through javascript code.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, so this cant be done in QlikView 9?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why don't you make an animated image (ex GIF) ? That works in QV9, and there is a sample = the animated QlikView logo with a water drop

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks for the suggestion. The only thing is creating GIFs is a whole different process and can be time conduming in its own right.

My thinking was to use a scroll text facility in qlikview that can be updated frequently to display new information.

?

Not applicable
Author

You can use the now(1) function to get your expression re-evaluated every second, and then use string functions to get a substring of the text according to the current time. This way your text will seem to scroll every second. See attached document.

Not applicable
Author

hey george,

I got a client demand of moving the text from bottom to top like a ticker in websites,

any suggestions on the same.