Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Importing from an encrpyted Access 2007 DB

Hi,

I am trying to import from an encrypted Access 2007 DB.  When trying to import I get the error messages stating that someone has opened the database exclusively.  To ensure no one else is using it I have copied it to my local machine to try and get it working but I still get the same error message. 

It does seem to work with no encryption but this is not an option due to security. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mschreiber
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello paulm, with an OLE DB connection I have the same problem with the same environment. The message says that you need a dbname.mdw - a separte file for access management. But I think it is not a good idea, because of additional adminstration.I try it with an ODBC connection in QlikView and not an OLE. With ODBC it is no problem to read against the Access database with password. Mathias

View solution in original post

5 Replies
paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas to help with this?

Thanks,

Paul

mschreiber
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi paulm,

you access from QlikView to the Access database via ODBC ? Then you have to go to the ODBC Administrator - System DSN - configure your ODBC-connection - take ADVANCED. Their you can write down user: admin and the password of the database.

After that you can reload the QlikView document to this encrypted database.

Mathias

paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently I am trying to connect through OLE DB, and using the office 12.0 provider.  I then paste in the link to my access database and enter 'Admin' and the password.  When I try to test the connection I get the following error message:

---------------------------

Microsoft Data Link Error

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

OK  

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

mschreiber
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello paulm, with an OLE DB connection I have the same problem with the same environment. The message says that you need a dbname.mdw - a separte file for access management. But I think it is not a good idea, because of additional adminstration.I try it with an ODBC connection in QlikView and not an OLE. With ODBC it is no problem to read against the Access database with password. Mathias

paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Got it working now.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Paul