Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incorrect Total Sum in Pivot Table

Hello,

I used to sum calculated negative results in a Pivot Table and the grand total at the end of the table is incorrect. Once I switch to straight table and set the properties to summarize "of rows", I'm fine. Unfortunately this setting is not available in my Pivot Table.

I used to try it with set analysis, but I don't think this might help.

Example:

1) I have different calculated results of value 'x' as starting situation ->   sum ( x )

sum ( x ) returns positive and negative Values.

2) I want to sum only negative results of 'sum( x )' so I tried the simple way

'if (sum( x ) < 0, sum ( x ), 0)'

The results of the rows in my table are correct, BUT the grand total is incorrect. The grand total is the sum of all results (negative + positive). It doesn't matter if I try to use additional aggregation in the formula

All other solution approaches didn't help so far. There might be a very simple solution... Thanks for any hint!

Bo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I meant something like this:

sum (aggr(rangemin(sum({$<Finanzkonto = {"*"}>} Saldo),0), Mandant, Kontonamelang))

If it doesn't work can you post an example document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try putting a sum(aggr( ...expression... , DimA, DimX)) around your expression where DimA, DimX are the dimensions of your pivot table.

And you can use rangemax(sum(x),0) instead of the if statement.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

thanks for your reply! I think you mean 'rangemin', because I want to sum all negative results...

I already tried to do it with aggregation. Now the formula is

=RangeMin (sum (aggr(sum({$<Finanzkonto = {"*"}>} Saldo), Mandant, Kontonamelang)),0)

and the result is still the same... grand total is incorrect, s. below.

20131213 Screenshot 5.png

Frustrating...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I meant something like this:

sum (aggr(rangemin(sum({$<Finanzkonto = {"*"}>} Saldo),0), Mandant, Kontonamelang))

If it doesn't work can you post an example document that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

That's it! I have to spend more time with range-functions...  Great! Thank you very much!!

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys, 

I am given a task to calculate the frequency of calls across a territory. If the rep called a physician regarding the sale of the product 5 times, then frequency is 5 and HCP count is 1....I generated frequencies from 1 to 124 in my pivot table using a calculated dimension which is working fine. But my concern is :

My manager wants frequencies till 19 in order from 1..2..3..4...5..6.....19...

And from the frequency 21-124 as 20+.

I would be grateful if someone helps me with this.....Eager for the reply....

stefano27
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you. The solution above with the RangeMin worked for me as well.

stefano27
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you. This worked for me as well.