cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Independent Qlikview Desktop License

Can anybody provide detail of Independent Qlikview Desktop License Cost?

We need to purchase 3 Independent Qlikview Desktop License version for Small Organization.

We don't want to purchase Enterprise Server version to minimize our cost, so please provide details about licensing and cost.

Thanks in Advance.

14 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

You can download and use the Personal Desktop version at no cost for all 3 users.  The issue will be that they can't share the apps created.  They also can not download sample apps, etc. from the community to look at.

I don't know what a license will cost.  Best to contact Qlik directly or one of their partners.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Contact Qlik sales in your country.

The UK price/each  is around £900+VAT

Not applicable

In US it is $1,350 plus first year maintenance is 20%, plus tax. Total is $1,717. This was the price in March of this year.

The maintenance is optional the next year, depending if you want to stay on current versions or not.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

As already mentioned, reach out to your local Qlik sales contact. You can find contact reference through link below.

Buy Business Intelligence Software | Contact Qlik

http://www.qlik.com/pricing

Digvijay_Singh

Go for QlikSense, less restriction then Qlikview. Cloud version is also available. In India they don't sell no of licenses less than 5 for QlikView. I inquired 2-3 times in last one year and I was told to buy minimum 5. Strange!

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Are you saying that you can not buy less than 5 personal licenses?

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, restriction imposed by Qlik India sales office it seems. I created one thread last year here as well and found that its not true in other countries. In fact I talked to sales 2-3 months back as well and heard the same rule again. Their policies are not consistent across the world.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I guess you are referring to server side CALs? Did you ask Qlik or a Qlik partner?

I do think 5 CALs sounds like a reasonable minimum for a server deployment.

For QlikView Desktop client there should not be a minimum of 5.

License wise I am not sure if I agree that QlikView is more restrictive than Qlik Sense. The license models are simpler and more flexible in Qlik Sense.

Digvijay_Singh

I asked to Qlik, they said we stopped selling desktop licenses but if you buy 5 in no, we can consider.