Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Informatica IDQ Mapping Qlikview Connector exist?

I understand that Qlikview represents that there is an Informatica PowerCenter Connector available, but our project requires a connector for Informatica IDQ v9.6.1  OR  is there a separate connector available for Informatica IDQ Mappings in v9.6.1?

Does Qlikview support an Informatica IDQ Mapping Connector for a connection to be made directly out of an IDQ Mapping please?

Special NOTE:  This is an environment where PowerCenter is not in use, and a PowerCenter Connector does not automatically convey connection abilities by the IDQ Mapping Product.

So, this question I am proposing equates to asking if there exists a Qlikview Connector for Informatica IDQ and has anyone used it or has documentation of it on v9.5.1 or v9.6.1 IDQ?

(As an aside, if anyone has any experience or documentation on the PowerCenter Qlikview Connector, please offer your experience or documentation for other future efforts we have at other clients - thank you).

Thanks for any help you can provide on finding an Informatica IDQ Qlikview Connector.

Scott

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have the same question, I know that Informatica PowerCenter does support the creation of QlikView QVX files not QVD files (or atleast based on my last conversation on the topic).  However we too are looking at the possibility of importing/profiling data that is in a QVD file using IDQ 9.6.1 but are not sure how to create a connection.  I wonder if it's possible to connect to the QVX but not QVD?  We currently only create QVD files but might be something worth testing.