Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

InputField and Binary load

Hello

I have a qvw file with some tables and some input fields. I can modify the contents of these fields and save the qvw file. Now I want this qvw file to be loaded into another QVW by binary load. But after bynary all these input fields loose their values and become numbers. 0, 1, 2, .... Is it possible to load this qvw file via binary and not loose these values but load them as well.

Thank you for your support

Darius

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Checked. It works, of course we should pay for this by duplicated data, additional load, drop and rename operations.

Not sure I can demonstrate the app, please find an abstract exmaple below.

Before - T and L become sequental numbers after binary load:

supp1.png

After - just leave duplicates after binary load:

supp2.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Darius,

From the work I've done in the past in order to 'fix' input field data you have to first export it and then reload it into the original document - from where you could then load it via a Binary as the values would now be included in the .qvw.

Attached is a Project Overview .qvw I created a few years ago that use this principal - look at the 'Make Adjustments' table and the 'Commit Adjustment Changes' button. Essentailly in pressing the commit button you export that data and over-write the source file before reloading it again, you could of course do this with a partial dataset and perform a partial reload.

Hope that is of use,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

@QlikviewBI

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Matt,

Thank you for your support. I was almost sure, that it not possible to load imput field values into QV directly. But I asked to be 100% sure for that.

Darius

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Matt, Darius,

I've just faced with the issue too (inpufields are not loaded properly with binary load), I didn't check this yet, but it seems that I have a workaround:

1. Create duplicates of each attribute you need to input in the initial qvw - first one (say _A) is to be just stored and not visible to a user and second one is an inputfield by itself (say A). The duplicates can easily be left join'ed and renamed in one step.

2. After binary load into other qvw you can drop A and rename _A into A.

What do you think? ...will back to you once I check it for my apps.

Best regards,

Maxim

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Checked. It works, of course we should pay for this by duplicated data, additional load, drop and rename operations.

Not sure I can demonstrate the app, please find an abstract exmaple below.

Before - T and L become sequental numbers after binary load:

supp1.png

After - just leave duplicates after binary load:

supp2.png

Priyanka_Jayaswal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Max,

Your solution is help full but the only issue which i faced is that those fields are no longer user editable. which were editable before binary. Is there any way to keep them still editable after binary?