cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interactive sort on hyperlinked column

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know how can we do a interactive sorting or simple sorting on a hyperlinked column in a straight chart. is it even possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sonthu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works for me. Double-clicking the "Web Address" column sorts the data in one of two ways.

Remember that by using the ampersand operator ( & ) in an expression, QlikView implicitly converts the result to a string value. If you do not enable the Text Sort option in the Sort tab, you won't get the same behaviour. I guess that is the reason why you think your second column doesn't sort.

If you prefer the Numerical Sort method, use the Dual() function to attach a string value to the numerical expression result and enable Numerical Sort. Like:

=Dual(Sum(Value) & '<URL>' & URL, Sum(Value))

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO double-clicking the column header of the expression with the hyperlinks will sort the displayed values. On condition that "Allow Interactive Sort" is enabled in Properties->Sort (check box at the bottom)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Peter,

I have tried and it does not work. when i remove the hyperlink, it works but not with Hyperlinks.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works for me.

Can you post an example document that shows this behavior? You can scramble all confidential data if you don't want to create a custom example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Peter, If you do not have any problem, can you share your example QVW? it will be bit uncomfortable for me to share the QVW.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Download the "URL Example.qvw" from discussion Hyperlink in Dimension or in Expression - neither works perfectly

Convert the table at the bottom into a straight table and double-click the "Web Address" expression column.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

My hyperlinked column is a Number , Sorry if i have not mentioned before. i have tried the Web address and its working but the column sum(value) is not working the way expected.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The default (interactive) sort method will probably not be what you want.

Did you try sorting by expression, and entering the Sum(value) expression in the sort field?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i have thought about sorting by expression earlier but it is not editable in the chart for the measure sum(value) or for the measure in my chart

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

But it seems that the default interactive sort does sort on the Sum() values, either in descending or ascending order.

What sort order do you actually want?

Interactive sort on hyperlinked column thread290243 DESC.jpg

Interactive sort on hyperlinked column thread290243 ASC.jpg