cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interactive sort on hyperlinked column

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know how can we do a interactive sorting or simple sorting on a hyperlinked column in a straight chart. is it even possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sonthu

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you share the QVW you have worked on, let me see what am i doing wrong?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, threw it away.

Again, download the document from the link supplied in a previous post. Change the lower pivot into a straight table and in the expresison for column Web Address, change "City" into "Sum(value)". Test the interactive sort by double-clicking the "Web Address" header.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i have  implemented the changes as you have mentioned before but after double clicking it is not working the way i expect it too

Can you please take a look in the attached document

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works for me. Double-clicking the "Web Address" column sorts the data in one of two ways.

Remember that by using the ampersand operator ( & ) in an expression, QlikView implicitly converts the result to a string value. If you do not enable the Text Sort option in the Sort tab, you won't get the same behaviour. I guess that is the reason why you think your second column doesn't sort.

If you prefer the Numerical Sort method, use the Dual() function to attach a string value to the numerical expression result and enable Numerical Sort. Like:

=Dual(Sum(Value) & '<URL>' & URL, Sum(Value))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you peter this is working now.