Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Interpret Field Values as FORMULAS in a chart (without using pick func.!)

Hello all,

I have the following set:

QV.png

Till now I am using:   Pick( Match(KBI, $(vFormulaKBIs) ),$(vExt_Formula)  ) 

where in the $(vFormulaKBIs) I have concatenated all KBIs' names and in $(vExt_Formula)  all corresponding formulas from the Complex Formula field.

The above method works BUT for each KBI it calculates all the expressions and this decrease the performance in times.

(I have another KBIs which are not calculated by this formula but use rangesum between both formulas). And as you know if you use pick and if some of the expressions is wrong  it will destroy all your reports as it will return error.

So what I want to have now is to to interpret the Complex Formula for each row where it is needed!

I have tried a lot of different ways but didn't managed to make it working!? Fieldvalue, fieldindex, ....

If someone has an idea I will be grateful!

Thanks

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I am afraid that, this might not be possible without pick(). Had there been an equivalent function of evaluate() to be used in the front-end, could help here. However, $ sign expansion is used in qlikview for nearly similar purpose. But it could not help here because of it's limitation, that $ expansions are performed outside chart and before it's data is processed and outside the context of the dimensions of the chart. so expected similar expression something like $(=[Complex Formula]) would not work beacuse of multiple possible values at the time of $ expansion. Note, if you select a single value from the formula field making it single possible value, you would get the result right.

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I know all of the above mentioned by you ... as said I am looking for non obvious solutions ... 
Thanks anyway!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ! did you manage to solve it? i have the same problem....

Regards

Dai

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

There is no other way except IF statements or pick(match ...  

If possible use IF as pick match may cause you some performance issues

Best