cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

Interval Match error

Anyone can explain me why this interval match is not working? Lines 4,5,6 and 13, 14 and 15 shouldn´t exist since the date/time are not between the interval.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Because you have missed to use the field Equipment as parameter to the IntervalMatch prefix.

inner join (Worker)

IntervalMatch(Date_Time, Equipment) LOAD DateTime_Initial,DateTime_Final,Equipment RESIDENT Worker;

HIC

View solution in original post

7 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Because you have missed to use the field Equipment as parameter to the IntervalMatch prefix.

inner join (Worker)

IntervalMatch(Date_Time, Equipment) LOAD DateTime_Initial,DateTime_Final,Equipment RESIDENT Worker;

HIC

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

After using this field I have the double of the lines and I can see this if I create a dinamic table with Name field using count(Name) expression.

Select Name = A and Equipment = Y and I the result is 6, when I should have only 3 lines.

Can you explain me why?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, and that is the correct result of the Join. The Join produces one record per combination of Worker and Date_Time.

You should perhaps instead join the intervalmatch table onto the Production table?

Or - the solution that I prefer - you should not join at all:

TempTable:

IntervalMatch(Date_Time, TempEquipment)

LOAD DateTime_Initial,DateTime_Final,TempEquipment RESIDENT Worker;

BridgeTable:

Load TempEquipment & '|' & Date_Time as Key1,

TempEquipment & '|' & DateTime_Initial & '|' & DateTime_Final as Key2

Resident TempTable;

Drop Table TempTable;

Drop Field TempEquipment;

You need to create the Keys and the TempEquipment fields in the two initial tables, and you need to remove the Equipment field from one of the tables.

Bridge.png

HIC

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

sorry, but I´m missing some point cause I cannot be able to fix this by myself.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Attached you find my version of the file.

HIC

bdunphy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Henric.

If I had multiple rows in my lookup table (Worker in your example) and I wanted to use Generic Load after the interval match to place those rows as columns into the Production table what would I need to do ? or would this even be possible ?

In my example - I have timestamps for samples in a samples table and a 2nd table created with extracts from a machine log. These are taken at 15 minute intervals so I am using interval match to bring in the machine state for 13 different settings for any sample time.

I would now like to add those as columns to my original samples table to allow easier tabular reporting first but I also have a number of charts built around the expressions as a variable and adding the 'new' expressions from my machine table to the samples table would allow me to extend these.

Apologies if this should be a new thread - just seems to fit the sample file given

Regards,

Brian

Capture.JPG.jpg

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Difficult to say without having seen the data, but in prinicple there is nothing that prevents you from using a combination of intervalmatch and generic. You just have to do it in two or more steps since you cannot have both prefixes on the same load.

HIC