cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interval Matched tables to QVD

Good day,

I would like to find out if there is a way in which one can write the data from two interval matched tables to a QVD.

With the model linking the two tables, one can use the columns in a chart, however I would like to write this result to a QVD file for use in other applications.

Any ideas on this ?

Kind regards

Edwin

7 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

STORE TableName1 into TableName1.qvd;

STORE TableName2 into TableName2.qvd;

If that does not answer your question, please clarify what you are trying to achieve.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, I would like to write the "result" of the match to a QVD:

i.e.

QVD_FILE:

TABLE1.COLUMN T1_A, TABLE1.COLUMN T1_B, TABLE1.COLUMN T1_C, TABLE2.COLUMN T2_AA

the last column coming from the second table.

Typically one can construct this with a join command to get all the required columns in one RESIDENT table, but that is not the case with two interval matched tables.

So basically the interval match result which one achieves in a chart to QVD.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I might be overlooking something obvious, but how about just joining those two tables and storing it to QVD?

If you want to keep the original two tables, you can create a copy of those tables with a RESIDENT load (use NOCONCATENATE to avoid concatenation).

maxgro
MVP
MVP

1 qvd is 1 table;

you can't write a qvd from 2 qlik tables;

you can join or concatenate in the script and store in the qvd; you can export from the chart (excel, ....) but not export from the chart to a qvd

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Onno's suggestion of 2 QVD's is very sensible, is something I do and it works very well.

Any reason why you have an aversion to 2 QVD's ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the suggestions.  The reason for having this in one QVD is that I want to join the complete set with another data set to calculate values in a script in order to prepare an final data set.

Previously I've saved the char to excel and I am using that as import for the other application.

Once again thank you for your inputs it's really appreciated.

Kind regards

Edwin

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is answered, please flag a Correct answer and a Helpful answer.

If not, please let us know how we can help you achieve this.