Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interval difference -0:00 instead of 0:00

Hello,

I have 2 time expressions A and B. Sometimes the time difference can be less than zero, but when the difference is zero, I am getting -0:00 instead of 0:00 and when I export the data to excel, I get #####. A and B expression values come from crazy scripting(SQL and QlikView programming mix) so I was thinking if I can modify the C expression on the chart itself to get 0:00 instead of -0:00. C is a expression where I am just doing B-A and have set it to interval: h:mm format. Can someone please help if you know of a solution? I tried IF(B-A = "-0:00", "0:00",B-A), but that still gives -0:00.

ABC
10/17/2017 11:2810/17/2017 11:28-0:00

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I mean this is how I would check something like this... I have not tested this, but if your are checking for seconds, then try this:

If(Round(B-A, 1/86400) = 0, '0.00', B-A)

for minutes

If(Round(B-A, 1/1440) = 0, '0.00', B-A)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Why don't you try Round() function?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I haven't used round function in QlikView yet. Do you think with round function I will still be able to get the negative time difference? Also, will it still consider the seconds difference? Time difference on this application is so important for improvement so I can't even ignore the seconds differences.

Thanks.

sunny_talwar

I mean this is how I would check something like this... I have not tested this, but if your are checking for seconds, then try this:

If(Round(B-A, 1/86400) = 0, '0.00', B-A)

for minutes

If(Round(B-A, 1/1440) = 0, '0.00', B-A)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Amazing as always. Is there anything on QlikView that you can't solve? haha thanks again Sunny.