Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III

Interval match - start and end date

Hi Team,

Could any one please let me know how do we find if the different sets of date ranges falls with in two dates. Please find the attached document for more details. In the attached i have got two scenarios

1.  SS - shift start (6 am) , FL - First Lift , BR- Break , LL - last lift , SE - Shift End.

the user can select the date range with the shift time (shift start and shift end ) and with in the selected range the First lift and Last lift changes based on the actual move time.in the first scenario all the Breaks (BR) falls with in the FL and LL.

But in the scenario 2 the last BR falls out of the FL and LL range so the last BR needs to be excluded. this needs to be handled in the Front end as the user selects different date ranges and with in the date ranges the FL and LL keeps changing.

any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

attached the document

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

Any suggestions on the attached issue are appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Intervalmatch() is basically a JOIN which must happen in the script.

You can use variables with dates and set analysis as you must do it in the front-end.

See examples here: The Basics about Dates, Date Ranges and Set Analysis

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for replying, i think the problem i have  can't be resolved with back end script (intervalmatch() as i need to check if the range of dates falls with in two timestamps)  like you said it should be done in the front end. Please correct me if i am wrong.

i need to achieve (sum(if (Delay Time >= First Lift and Delay_Time <= Last lift, amount)) but here i need to check multiple rows of information ( breaks) falls with in the first and last lift.

Thanks for sharing the document.