Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Invisible row in diagram (pivot/strait-table)

Hi,

Is it possible to "hide a row" in a pivot- and straight table.

Either by eliminating the row from beeing seen or making the text the same as background color.

I still need the values connected to the row to be calculated.

Regards
Arne W

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

Go on property of the chart, expression, then click on enable case to show or to hide your row.

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

JJ - It is one of the rows (dimension) I need to hide and I guess your suggstion is about the columns

(I am working in version 8.2 )

/Arne W

Not applicable
Author

Yes sorry I misreaded your request.

You can hide the row with a listbox, or with a calculated dimension = if ( condition to display your dimension , dimension)

jj

Not applicable
Author

Hi

The row have to exist in the table as the value must be included in the total.
Is it possible to set the textcolor for the whole row to be the same as background?

/Arne W

prieper
Master II
Master II

Not quite sure, whether it is a good idea to add something without specifying, but you may also then use a calculated dimension in which you change the dimension into blanks, like

IF(Dimension = DimensionNotToShow, ' ', Dimension)

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could use the rowno() function to change the color of the row. But first there should be somehting for your to detect which row you wan to do this for. This will depend on your data model. Maybe if you post an example, it may be more clear. But for example, whenever I want to provide different colors for alternate rows in a straight table, I use the followig formula in the background color for both dimesnsions and expressions.

=if(Mod(rowno(),2)<>0,rgb(100,100,100))

Nimish

Not applicable
Author

I guess you want to render an expression as 'invisible'. This function is available for Bar Chart, Line Chart and Combo Chart but unfortunately for Straight & Pivot Table.

I have the same problem here.

Let's say, I have 2 complex expressions (A & B) and I am interested to have the sum of both (C = A+B)

At final, I am not interested to display A & B, but want to keep them for debugging purpose, also want to avoid to carry a very complex expression in C

I can't uncheck 'Enable' for A & B, otherwice C (=A + B) won't be calculated.