Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antoinelaviron
Partner - Contributor III

Is Directory; not recommended by Qlik?

Hi everybody

Someone told one of my colleague that the command Directory; was not recommended by Qlik, because it could cause some issues.

Does anybody knows more about this topic?

Thanks in advance

Antoine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I use it regularly whenever I want to parse some directory for all the files in there which match a specific format.

That could be done without if you specify the complete path as part of the mask which you use to match files against.

I don't know if it really makes any difference.

But I know nothing of any issues this command can cause and I never had any until now.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

3 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Antoine,

this is what the Directory (Statement) actually does:

Directory

The Load statement can be preceded by a directory statement, defining what directory to look for the files in.

directory path

where:

path is a text that can be interpreted as the path to the file, either absolute, or relative to the .qvw file.

Example:

Directory c:\userfiles\data;

The directory defined through this statement is used by subsequent Load statements, until a new directory statement is made.

A directory statement is generated automatically if Relative Paths is enabled in the Edit Script dialog.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I use it regularly whenever I want to parse some directory for all the files in there which match a specific format.

That could be done without if you specify the complete path as part of the mask which you use to match files against.

I don't know if it really makes any difference.

But I know nothing of any issues this command can cause and I never had any until now.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

antoinelaviron
Author

Thank you,

I am using it since more than 2 years now and never had troubles with it too.