Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is colourisation of null value cells possible? Help needed!

Hi everyone,

I have created a general table which has days as columns and system as the rows. Each cell is colour coded by severity. ie. if on day1 there was a severity high, the cell would be coloured red. I have populated the null cells with the value 0. Does anyone know of a way in which null value cells can be colour coded? I tried : if(count(field) = null, rgb(51,204,102)) or something tot hat effect. but this didn't work. i also replaced null with '0' which also didn't work. Can anyone see a way in which this problem could be overcome as we don't want random white cells in our colour coded table.

I appreciate all comments.

Thanks guys 🙂

bc

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this depending if you're using 0's or leaving them as Null values

if(count(field) = '0', rgb(51,204,102))

or

if(count(field) = isNULL(count(field)), rgb(51,204,102))

Chhai

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work.

Not applicable
Author

bc,

that's strange I use that formula for myself and it works :D. Are you putting the epxression under the Background Colour area?

Not applicable
Author

My table now is populated with many 0's which I put as my replacement for a null value. I put the expression in my background colour:

if

((Severity)=1,rgb(255,0,0

),

if

((Severity)=2 ,rgb(255,128,0

),

if

((Severity)=3 ,rgb(255,255,0

),

if(count(IncidentId) = isNULL(count(IncidentId)) , rgb(51,204,102

),

rgb(51,204,102

)

Can't get it to work!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Works for me as

if(count(field)=0, red())

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I think the values may actually be missing values instead of null values, would that make a difference?

Not applicable
Author

I have the same situation here... can anyone confirm if missing instead of null values makes a difference? Thanks!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

You need to go into the properties and select Presentation - ensure that Suppress Zero is not checked, and Populate Missing is checked.

The document I tested this with on my attached files page:
http://community.qlik.com/members/stevedark/files/Attached+Files/BackgroundMissingValues.qvw.aspx

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve