Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yenumulagopi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it Possible to create Static Straight Table with custom sorting for a dimension

Hi All,

I have a Straight Table like in below image. And I have made a custom sorting for the Dimension as per the requirement and custom Background Color also for some field names.

Question : If I make the selections, some field names in Product Group (rows) are hiding and the Custom Background Color also disappearing for one or two field names. But as per the requirement, I need to show all the field names of Product Group in the order even if there is a selection.

Is it possible to show all the dimension names with custom sorting and with custom background color without any change for the Straight table?

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Capture1.PNG

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

What are you expressions? Are you ignoring selections in all fields? Would you be able to share a sample document to show the issue?

dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III

Could you please share the app/experssion.

yenumulagopi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for looking in this. Please find the below expression which is used in the Straight table.

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}  Sales / $(vCurrency))

When we started selecting the Year and Month some rows are hiding.

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max({1} Year))}, Month>}  Sales / $(vCurrency))

yenumulagopi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the above, it's not working. In my Straight table, there are MTD, YTD and Last year MTD, YTD's are there.

Please find the below exp. which is used.

MTD:

=Sum({<Year=,Month=,Year={$(=max(Year))}, MonthNum={$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>}MonthNum))}>}Sales)

YTD:

=Sum({<Year=,Month=,Year={$(=max(Year))}, MonthNum={'<=$(=max({<Year=$(=max(Year))}>}MonthNum))'}>}Sales)

Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

Try this

MTD:

=Sum({<Year = {$(=Max({1}Year))}, MonthNum = {$(=Max({1<Year={$(=Max({1}Year))}>} MonthNum))}>} Sales)

YTD:

=Sum({<Year = {$(=Max({1}Year))}, MonthNum = {'<=$(=Max({1<Year = $(=Max({1} Year))}>} MonthNum))'}>} Sales)

yenumulagopi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this but it's not resolved.

Anyway, I have found the solution for this. I have taken the Sum(Sales) as additional column, so that I can get total Sales for each and every row of the dimension and then I have hide the column in properties. Now it's showing all the rows without hiding and in the order of custom sorting.

Thanks

Gopi

sunny_talwar

Somehow it is very strange, but okay