Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Is it possible to activate local client license without control key in Qlikview desktop

Hi Experts,

I want few clarification and help require as well related to Qlikview License.

1. I have Serial number of Qlikview server. And have local client license serial number of Qlikview desktop.

2. I forgot the control keys/numbers of both i.e. Qlikview Server and Qlikview Desktop.

3. Is Control key of Qlikview server and Qlikview desktop is same.

Without Control key is there any way to activate the local client license key of Qlikview Desktop.

It will be great if anybody could provide answer to my queries or solution quickly.

Regards

4 Replies
rubenmarin

So far I know you need the control number, your partner or account manager in Qlik can open your account and obtain the control number of your licenses.

Regards.

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

Thank for quick response.

Basically I forgot. One clarification required related to Qlikview Desktop. To activate the local client license along with serial key does control key is also required to activate the license or Serial key is only enough to activate the license.

Regards.

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry, my bad. I got it.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to clarify for others that run across this post the three things that need to be in place, you first need the 16 digit license key as well as the 5 digit control number to register things, but the third thing in play is the License Enabler File (LEF), that is normally pulled from one of our license servers, but in some cases this is not possible due to proxy servers etc., and in these cases, it may be necessary to get the 'manual' LEF from us directly to copy and paste into the LEF block in the license area in order to get everything fully functioning.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.