Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to get a free France map module for QlikView ?

Hi,

Is it possible to get a free France map module for QlikView ?

I would like to display data on each department for this country.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

the idea is to use the Image (France map) as a background

you should create a table with the coordinates of the deparments (you will maybe find them on the map) and use these coordinates combined with your measure on the chart properties.

take a look at this:

make static map with scatter chart

View solution in original post

14 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

you can take a look at https://gadm.org/

you can find all the maps with all the details. you take an image from the Map and integrate it as an image on Qlikview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, so the plan here is to insert the image and after that add some text objects on it to display my data ?

I mean, there is no relations with QlikView right ? I can't just specify a dimension and an expression on the map if it is an image. I'm asking that because I have already done that and it is not a satisfying solution because I want to display data for each department (approximately 100) wich make something impossible to maintain correctly.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

the idea is to use the Image (France map) as a background

you should create a table with the coordinates of the deparments (you will maybe find them on the map) and use these coordinates combined with your measure on the chart properties.

take a look at this:

make static map with scatter chart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh, I see. I will try this out. Thank you !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok it works but I have a problem. While I am filling my department position, axes are changing. In fact, I have specified the coordinates of the first 5 departments and I have reloaded without problems. But when I try to specify the 5 following departments and reload, axis are changing wich move the position of the first 5 departments. Any tips for this issue ?

thevingo
Creator
Creator

Hi

You can fix your axis scales as Static values in Chart Property > Axes tab> Scale > Static Min/Max

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes but here I can't access the scale section (greyed). I guess it is due to the fact that I am using a scatter chart ?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

would you be able to share sample app ?

thevingo
Creator
Creator

Hi

You need to click on small checkbox on the left of Static Min/Max to enable it.

If it solves your problem, don't forget to mark Youssef's answer as Correct !