Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to load two QVW at the same time?

Hi is it possible to load 2 QVW at the same time? Or is there a trigger where we can say it in a app that the server should start it after the first load of the QVW? Would be great if you have some ideas`.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QV Publisher can trigger reloads on completion of a previous reload.

Not applicable
Author

Is it also possible on a Server or Application level. And is it possible to do it parallel?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not sure what you mean by 'Server or Application level'.

But yes you can run qvw reloads in parallel.  At a realy basic level you could even have a cmd file that spawnstwo other cmd's via start. With these 2 both initiating the qvw reloads using qv.exe /r.

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry. Maybe I do not understood it.

Load one  .QVW from another .QVW (binary) or you want that Server start a load after another load?

First case: No.  Just one binary load per .qvw

Second case: Yes, you can load more than one model at same time or put one after another.

Best,

Alessandro Furtado

furtado@farolbi.com.br
Not applicable
Author

With Application I mean the QVW. Is it also possible to load it via a trigger or do I have to use the QlikView Server for it?

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can create a .bat file that run what you want without server.

model1.qvw /r

model2.qvw /r

Help:

7.1 Command Line Syntax

The QlikView command line invocation can be described by the following syntax (for a description of the

syntax notation used, see Backus-Naur Formalism (page 917)):

[ path ]Qv.exe[ { switch } documentfile ]

The path is the path to the file, either absolute, or relative to the current directory.

documentfile::= [ path ] documentfilename

documentfilename is the name of the document file.

switch is used to mark different options:

/r

Reload switch. The document will be opened and the script reloaded. Thereafter the document will be saved,

and QlikView will close itself.

/rp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/l

Load new data. The document will be opened and the script reloaded. The document will not be saved and

QlikView will remain open.

/lp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/v

If this switch is immediately followed by a variable name and an assignment, the variable will obtain the

assigned value before the script execution starts.

/nodata

Opens the document without variables, table and field data. This feature is also available for previously

opened documents on The Start Page (page 37).

/NoSecurity

Overrides QlikView security measures against hostile macros and scripts embedded in QlikView documents.

No warning dialogs prompting the user to accept potentially harmful code will be shown. Use this switch

with caution and only with well-known documents.

Example:

qv.exe /r/vMyvar=123 abc.qvw

Best,

Alessandro Furtado

furtado@farolbi.com.br
Not applicable
Author

i think its not possible , in server level  

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

in server you can use edx if you want to "call" a reload from an app after fineshed. But you can start one after fineshed another In server. You want to use server or from desktop / app ?

furtado@farolbi.com.br
Not applicable
Author

i too  agree, i am telling same multiple qvws reload at a time not possible ,one after another